Countdown

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, August 8, 2011

Absence makes the heart grow fonder!

What's happening with Baby Read I hear you cry! Where's the latest post?! Well readers I apologise for the radio silence over the past month & a half but we have been very busy indeed!!

Shortly after my last post at the end of June we had our 6th appointment with Dr B. I can't remember much about it so it can't have been that exciting... in fact, all I can remember is that he was over an hour late & I didn't end up getting to work until nearly lunchtime that day - oops! I did share my symptoms at the time with him though - bad lower back pain when sitting in the same position for too long (which worried me as we had a flight to the UK looming shortly after the appointment) and some terrible heartburn which had made me sick in the middle of the night a week earlier. Well, for the back he recommended I try & get hold of some weird girdle thing from the physio department a couple of floors up - slight problem - I needed to make an appointment to be fitted and just didn't have time before our flight the following Tuesday - and then a prescription drug called Pariet along with some bog-standard Gaviscon for the heartburn.

His advice for the flight:-
- Wear pressure stockings
- Keep my fluids up
- Move around the plane as often as possible
- Do the seated exercises as recommended on the in-flight entertainment


After my slightly late-running morning I finally got to work - my last afternoon in the office before our trip home - and we had an end-of-financial-year staff forum at the local Acer Arena which involved a lot of disco dancing! I took it reasonably easily and actually quite enjoyed it although a cool bottle of water was appreciated towards the end!!

My next dilemma was clothes... my maternity wardrobe is limited to say the least and what with it being Summer in the UK where we were headed the following Tuesday I couldn't really work out what to pack! In the end I took my trusty Jeanswest maternity jeans in 2 colours, a couple of skirts & dresses, some more casual lounge-type trousers for chilling out and a variety of size 12 tops in all kinds of different colours and styles to layer over the bump!

Shortly before the trip I also managed to find just the shoes I'd been looking for to match my 'Kate Middleton-esque' dress for Pat & Anna's wedding which was wonderful although more on the actual wearing of the shoes later....!


Well rather than make this post into one, long (well, mammoth) ramble about what Baby Read has been up to over the past month or so I will sign this one off for now & start a new one about our UK trip.

Ta ta for now!

1 comment: