My bump is certainly having a growth spurt - someone in the toilets at work asked me how far along I was then when I answered promptly came back with "are you sure there's just one in there?!" Charming!! Definitely just one... we've seen it with our own eyes!
Anyway, this week I have been thinking about prams/strollers/travel systems and doing lots of internet research and talking to other Mums or Mums-to-be that I know. There are soooo many to choose from it's impossible. My first instinct was to look for something 'pretty' - bad idea - pretty either has a price-tag to match or terrible reviews then I moved on to looking at brand names I 'know of' and that I know are 'trendy' - bad idea again... MEGA bucks!
Here are some that I looked at originally:
- Mamas & Papas Pliko Pramette in 'Mimi' - soooo pretty (stuffed if we have a boy) but terrible reviews & has to be imported from the UK
- Quinny Buzz 4 - very modern but MEGA bucks out here (i.e. $1,400) - still like this but think I need to be realistic & accept that it's too pricey. Also there's not much room for shopping under it?!!
- iCandy Apple - saw this at the Baby Expo last week & both really loved it but again is towards the top end of the price-scale!
Then... I got to talking to a couple of my good friends at work - one who's due in a few weeks and one who's a few weeks behind me and they both mentioned the Steelcraft Strider Plus. I believe Steelcraft is the Aussie version of Britax which I think is a brand I would trust.
We were at a loose end today whilst the open house was going on (don't even ask how the house-sale is going.... VERY slow would be my answer) so after lunch (McDonald's - don't shoot me) and walking the dog we popped into our local 'Baby Bunting' store and had a look at their range of prams and they had the Strider and it's only $515 (reduced from $799) - total bargain!!! I also wheeled it 'round the shop - I felt quite the part - and it's really good - light - easy to manoeuvre - really cosy for bub and HEAPS of shopping bag space!!! So I think it may be 'The One' - Adam liked it too. And... you can buy an additional seat to make it suitable for two down the line which we're very keen to do - practical and attractive too.
Anyway, enough of my rambling - can you tell I'm excited?! Here are some pics. Obviously we won't be looking to buy it til much closer to the time but at least it's something to tick off my list of things to research..!
Steelcraft StriderPlus Pram/Stroller
What do you think? A suitable carriage for Baby Read?!
Just over a week until we find out whether we're having a little Prince or a little Princess... then it will be on to the name game!







I know how you feel as I remember searching around the internet for ages trying to find "the one"! We ended up with the Quinny Buzz 3 which is good but agreed - not really much shopping room - we have little clips that go on the handle to make more room! Also - not sure if you have a huge car boot but that was a big factor for us as we had a tiny car at the time so had to get one that folded down quite small. Good luck hunting around!!
ReplyDeletexxxxxxxx
Am liking the strider plus! It looks cool and double bonus that you can get an additional seat for baby reads siblings!! And not too girly so Mr Read can push too! xxx
ReplyDelete