Countdown

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Positivity breeds positivity?

This week has been a tough week. Not nearly as tough for me as it has been for two of our close friends (and forgive me for not going into details here but it's far too sensitive) but definitely one of my lowest during this pregnancy so far.

I must say it's hard summoning up the motivation to write this post but Baby Read continues to grow and I therefore feel I owe him/her and my readers an update.

Last weekend we had a much-needed 6-day break from work - which is a bit manic for both of us at the moment and extremely tiring - but it wasn't so much resting as it was preparing for our impending house move (fingers crossed!). Most of you have heard already but we have decided to sell up & move back to the Northern Beaches for a number of reasons so last weekend was spent tidying, cleaning & feverishly repairing all the damage Rocky the pesky puppy has done to the back of the house.



Thursday saw the house being put on the market and Saturday was the first 'open house' but in-between I managed to squeeze in an appointment with Dr Boyce.

Unfortunately Adam was unable to accompany me this time due to work commitments but that's ok because I was only with Dr B for 15 mins tops and it's Adam's busiest time at the end of the month. The purpose of the appointment was for Dr B to look over my nuchal translucency scan result - which he was very pleased with - have a brief chat with regards to how I'm doing, check my blood pressure (128/70) and have a quick look at Baby Read.

I told Dr B about my latest symptoms - nosebleeds (nothing to worry about - something to do with the blood vessels in the nose expanding and extra blood pressure then making it easier for those vessels to rupture) - and a bladder infection (also nothing to worry about - have antibiotics) - and then we took a look at Baby Read who was in an amusing position - almost sitting perfectly upright in my uterus. Dr B referred me for a mid-flow urine test just to check out what type of bacteria is causing the bladder infection - may have to change antibiotics - and then sent me on my way with instructions to come back in 3 weeks. At that stage I will be just over 15 weeks pregnant & closer to finding out the sex which I am very excited about.

I have a strange feeling that I'm having a girl - don't know why - just a 'gut' feeling - but I may be wrong. Either way, we'll be happy as long as Baby Read is healthy & this is something that's really hit home this week.

As my lovely Sister-in-Law, Kelly, said to me "you must stay healthy & positive when you're pregnant" - and I'm certainly trying to do that but I think it all got a bit too much for me yesterday with the week's events, the stress of work, the stress of selling the house & the pregnancy hormones & I had the BIGGEST meltdown with tears & everything - poor Adam didn't know what to do!! I have to say I felt much better after a bit of a cry though!!

Anyway, enough of me feeling sorry for myself... I really do need to give myself a slap... and on to the week ahead - another busy week at work, Baby Read will be 14 weeks and maybe - just maybe - we'll get our first offer on the house.

Speaking of which, if you fancy a nose - here it is in all its glory:-

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-nsw-stanhope+gardens-107364185

Sad to be leaving behind our beautiful home but glad to be moving back to the Northern Beaches where we'll be near our dear friends, the commute to work will be better & our visitors (you know you're all welcome!) won't be stranded in the middle of nowhere!

p.s. wasn't the Royal Wedding beautiful - I'm sure Diana would have been so proud...

1 comment:

  1. My darling girl - poor you. Who knew how tough this pregnancy lark is!! Lots of love to you. Lets talk soon xxxx

    ReplyDelete