Countdown

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Getting a referral...

My usual GP was on leave for a few weeks shortly after my BFP (Big Fat Positive) but I needed to go back for someone to have a look at my dating scan, check my blood results and write me a referral to the OB.

I booked in with Dr Sarah Barrand who turned out to be almost as lovely as Dr Tran and she did all of the above quickly & efficiently.

Bloods were looking fine - nothing of concern - although I did learn something new - my blood type! And apparently I have a rare blood type - AB Positive - this is the blood that absolutely ANYONE can accept as a transfusion... shame I can't give blood out here given my possible exposure to Mad Cow Disease in the UK between 1981 and 1996!!


This revelation did, however, throw Dr Barrand into a bit of a spin because she thought if I was an AB positive and Adam was a negative of any type that we may encounter problems if Baby Read was also a negative... cue me making frantic phone calls to Adam & e-mails to Glynis trying to find out what blood type he is - more on this in a later post.

Dr Barrand kindly wrote my referral to Dr Boyce and then I was off on my way to work - the last working day of the week for me as I had decided to take the following day off for my 1st OB appt - exciting!


p.s. I think I should get one of these hats!

No comments:

Post a Comment