Countdown

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Saturday, April 16, 2011

North Shore Private - Maternity Unit Open Day

On Sunday 3rd April 2011 I dragged Adam along to the open day at the hospital - here is a link to the flyer in case any of you are interested:

Maternity Open Day Flyer

Upon arrival we completed a questionnaire & were given a goodie bag packed with promotional items such as an NSP water bottle, lip balm, moisturiser, post-it notes, pen and other branded goodies not to mention a few leaflets! We had a wander around the various displays then listened to a lecture on epidurals by one of the hospital's anaesthetists which was a bit grim... I think I'll be trying to push Baby Read out as naturally as possible... (well, I say that now but who knows what will happen when the time comes!!!)

After the lecture we went on a wonderful tour with one of the midwives - this was my favourite part of the day - we got to see the delivery suites or birthing rooms which are where you actually give birth - they're bright, spacious and full of mod-cons and then the rooms you stay in afterwards which are seriously more like a hotel than a hospital.


Click the link below for a virtual tour of the 'parenting suite':-

Virtual Tour

I think I'll be very comfortable and happy at NSP - I'm not the biggest fan of hospitals after spending a fair amount of time in my early teens visiting my dear Mum which are some pretty sad memories - but the maternity unit seemed clean, bright, well-equipped & the staff friendly.

Also, you get to stay for 4 days and have loads of help from the midwives, you can attend classes, have one-on-one sessions with the lactation consultant and even the menu looks pretty good too with a fair amount of choice.

It was at this point I started to get really excited...!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment