We booked our first appointment with Dr Boyce for Friday 25th March 2011 at 12:30pm. I actually decided to take the day off - they owed me a 'day in lieu' for some overtime I did - so it worked out quite well.
Dr Boyce is based at North Shore Private in St Leonard's which is where Baby Read will be delivered in November.
Adam got a taxi from work to be at the appointment with me - a short hop from his North Sydney office - which was I was grateful for as I was a bit nervous!!
We got there just on time and had to fill out the obligatory first-timers questionnaire - I remember scratching my head in response to the last question which asked which symptoms or issues of pregnancy were troubling me most & how would I like them to be resolved. As I mentioned in the 'Early Pregnancy Symptoms' post, I've been pretty lucky, so this was one box on the questionnaire I was able to leave blank!
Dr Boyce eventually emerged from his rooms and greeted us both warmly. The first thing I noticed was that he was wearing a bow-tie - I liked him already!
I won't bore you too much with the detail of the appointment except to say he gave us what seemed like a million handouts - some light reading for the weekend - and had a look over my scan & the blood tests ordered by Dr Tran. He also referred me for another set of blood tests which he would review when he saw us again in a fortnight's time.
At the end of the appointment he asked how I had found him and I told him about my search of his credentials on MDA and that I picked him because of his past work experience at the John Radcliffe Hospital. He was absolutely tickled pink and had fond memories of his time there!
We left the appointment, paid our first instalment of his management fee (OUCH - $$$), booked our next appointment and then I stopped for a quick 'comfort break' before Adam left me to go back to work and I proceeded downstairs to the pathology collection clinic.
Now, I don't mind having blood taken - as long as I don't have to look - but 10 vials later - yes 10 - and having to check every vial for the correct name and date of birth left me feeling a bit pale!! A trip to the servo for some Lucozade & a Boost bar on the way home fixed me up in no time at all though!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment